Applications for PSI’s Resident Research funding program must be in one of the following three areas:
- Clinical Research which is of direct relevance to patient care. Studies involving animals will be considered only if the animals are required as an immediate patient surrogate, which must be demonstrated in the written application.
- Medical Education Research which focuses on projects designed to assess through research the post M.D. educational environment, such as curricula, methods and teaching resources. PSI recognizes that research within this area may involve teams that include non-medical researchers and consultants. Please note that this funding stream is intended to support hypothesis driven research proposals; therefore, applications will only be considered for projects that evaluate curriculum, methods and teaching resources. Projects intended to create and/or develop curriculum, educational programs or tools will not be considered. Also, any costs attributed to the creation and/or development of curriculum, educational programs or tools will not be considered.
- Health Systems Research which focuses on projects of a special nature within the healthcare system, such as preventative medicine, care of the elderly, communications within the system, underserviced regions and ways of enhancing the effectiveness of medical practice.
To be eligible to apply for a Resident Research Grant, the Resident must have PGY status as per the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
Ineligible Applicants for a Resident Research Grant
Resident Research Grant applications will not be considered from:
- Applicants whose residency will end prior to the project end date
- Principal Investigators who hold a Ph.D. but not an M.D.
- Residents based outside of Ontario PSI will consider and support only one project per Resident/Principal Investigator at any given time.
Resident Research Project Supervisor
All Resident Research projects must be supervised by a College of Physicians and Surgeons licensed M.D. with an academic appointment who must sign off on the application to PSI. Supervisors are eligible to supervise more than one applicant and/or recipient of the Resident Research Grants.
Value: $20,000. No set deadline. For more information, please click here