Electives in our sub-specialties are available in areas such as: Maternal Fetal Medicine, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Gyne-Oncology, Urogynecology, Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery and Sexual Health. The electives are available year round and for 2-4 weeks in length, depending on the specialty. For more information, please see our list of divisions.
- MFM: You will work with a team of 4 physicians in the 4B Clinic at MUMC under the supervision of Dr. M. Morais.
- REI: You will work with a team of 4 physicians at the ONE Fertility Clinic in Burlington, ON under the supervision of Dr. Faghih or with Dr. R. Cepeda at the Hart Fertility Clinic in Hamilton, ON.
- Gyne Onc: You will work with a team of 4 physicians at the Juravinski Cancer Centre located at the Juravinski Hospital in Hamilton, ON under the supervision of Dr. W. Jimenez.
- Urogynecology: You will work under the supervision of Drs. Malabarey, Didomizio and Best at either MUMC or Juravinski Hospital.
- MIGS: You will work under the supervision of Dr. Leyland and Dr. Scattolon in the 2F clinic at MUMC.
- Sexual Health: This is a community experience in Sexual Medicine, Colposcopy, TA clinic and optional call. You will work with Dr. D. Costescu in Hamilton, ON at both MUMC and Juravinski Hospital.
McMaster University residents should contact the Electives Coordinator to make arrangements for an elective placement.
Residents from OTHER Canadian medical schools and INTERNATIONAL schools should visit the Postgraduate Office for more information regarding fees and application process. Once you have determined your eligibility for an elective, please contact the Electives Coordinator to arrange for a placement.