Dr. Susan Ellis is an Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at McMaster University and Chief of the Department and Active Medical Staff at St. Joseph’s Healthcare, Hamilton. She completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at McMaster University.
Throughout her career, Dr. Ellis’ dedication to education has earned her several awards including the McMaster Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Certificate of Excellence for Sustained and Continuous Pursuit of Excellence in Obstetrical Teaching.
In 2014 she attended the Mayo Clinic for Instructor Development: Simulation-Based Education Design and Debriefing. She led the development of the postgraduate simulation program and is a dedicated simulation educator and researcher. In her role as Chief, her team implemented an interprofessional and multidisciplinary in-situ simulation program.
- 2020: St. Joseph’s HealthCare Annual Consultant’s Award
- 2014: McMaster Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Certificate of Excellence for Sustained and Continuous Pursuit of Excellence in Obstetrical Teaching
- 2011: Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine, Residents’ Award for Excellence in Teaching Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2010 - 2011: The Association of Professionals in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (APOG), Carl Nimrod Educator Award
- 2007: McMaster University Medical Centre, APGO Excellence in Teaching for Undergraduate Education
- 2004: McMaster University, McMaster University Residents Award for Excellence in Teaching, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2000: McMaster University, Distinguished Service Award, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Quality and Patient Safety
To view publications, click here