I am Professor Emeritus at McMaster University and continue to participate in basic research projects both here and at the National University of Ireland, Galway.
I am a pharmacologist with interests in basic research and drug discovery. For eight years I was the Director of the Honours Biology & Pharmacology Programme at McMaster University. My BSc from the University of London and PhD from the University of Alberta are both in pharmacology. I also did post-doctoral work at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zürich) and have I taken research leaves at the University of Manchester, Astra Pain Discovery Unit Sweden, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, DE and the National University of Ireland, Galway.
- McMaster University Students’ Union Award for Teaching Excellence, Faculty of Health Sciences, 1997
- McMaster University Students’ Union Award for Teaching Excellence, Faculty of Health Sciences, 2005
My research interests are currently focused almost exclusively on aspect of human myometrial function:
- Operational and analytical pharmacology of human myometrium in vitro.
- Development of novel treatments for preterm labour and post-partum hemorrhage.
- Understanding the underlying causes of poor uterine contractility during labour.
To view publications, click here