The Cancer Research Institute is proud to announce its Technology Impact Award, a new program designed to challenge the world's leading scientists and out-of-the box thinkers to create a research plan and assemble a research team that will develop a new technology platform with the potential to transform the field of cancer immunotherapy.
The grant aims to support the development of highly innovative technologies that can ultimately be adopted by the research community at large and that will enable researchers to develop the next generation cancer immunotherapies that can be effective and personalized for each patient. Technologies may facilitate our understanding of the antigenic profile, cellular interplay, and mechanistic pathways within the tumor microenvironment that are essential for an effective anti-tumor response.
The most competitive applicants will address focus areas where disruptive technological innovation stands to benefit the field and cancer patients most, including but not limited to:
- New bioinformatics methods or technologies that speed collection and analysis of large sets of patient-derived biological data
- Artificial platforms such as computer simulations for modeling biological systems and responses to immunotherapy
- Tools and methods that improve profiling of tumors to inform therapeutic strategies
- Real-time visualizations of molecular and cellular activity to improve tracking of responses to immunotherapy
APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- The grant will be awarded to a scientist leading a cross-functional team who describes an extraordinarily novel, yet practical research plan that is creative and technically sophisticated.
- Applicants must hold a faculty appointment as a tenure-track assistant professor (or higher rank) at the time of award activation.
- The winning project must result in new tools and/or methodologies that improve cancer immunotherapy research worldwide.
STRUCTURE AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- The grant will be awarded to a single investigator
- One grant of up to $1,000,000 is available, payable over a maximum of three years
- Deductions for administrative overhead or indirect costs of any kind are not permitted. Payments are made quarterly in U.S. currency to the host institution
Deadline: November 15, 2017.
Click here for more information