Electives in our Sub-specialties are available in areas such as: Maternal Fetal Medicine, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertilty, Gyne-Oncology, Urogynecology, Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery and Sexual Health. The electives are available year round and for 2-12 weeks in length depending on the specialty. For more info, please see our list of divisions.
- MFM: You will work with a team of 4 physicians in the 4B Clinic at MUMC under the supervision of Dr. M. Morais
- REI: You will work with a team of 4 physicians at the ONE Fertility Clinic in Burlington, ON under the supervision of Dr. M. Karnis or with Dr. R. Cepeda at the Hart Fertility Clinic in Hamilton, ON.
- Gyne Onc: You will work with a team of 4 physicians at the Juravinksi Cancer Centre located at the Henderson Hospital in Hamilton, ON under the supervision of Dr. W. Jimenez.
- Urogynecology: You will work under the supervision of Drs. Fedorkow and Best at either MUMC or Henderson Hospital (unavailable until further notice)
- MIGS: You will work under the supervision of Dr. N. Leyland in the 2F clinic at MUMC, possibly in Brantford with Dr. S. Bates
- Sexual Health: This is a community experience in Sexual Medicine, Colposcopy, TA clinic and optional call. You will work with Dr. D. Costescu in Hamilton, ON at both MUMC and the Henderson Hospital
McMaster University residents should contact the Electives Coordinator to make arrangements for an elective placement.
Residents from OTHER Canadian medical schools and INTERNATIONAL schools should visit the Postgraduate Office for more information regarding fees and application process. Once you have determined your eligibility for an elective, please contact the Electives Coordinator to arrange for a placement.