Calendar: Department Events
To review the current information on risk factors for acquiring HIV-1 and other sexually transmitted infections in women
Gain an understanding of the immune responses against HIV-1 in the female genital tract
Discuss the n......
Date: May 2, 2018 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
1) To understand the role of uterine closure in uterine rupture
2) To understand the role of dystocia in uterine rupture
3) To learn how ultrasound can help in the prediction and prevention of uterine rupture....
Date: Apr 4, 2018 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
Grand Rounds Hosted at SJH:FB Conf Rm #3 from 8:00am-9:00am.
Informal Talk with Residents/Graduate Students and Dr. Emmanuel Bujold.
Luncheon with Faculty/Resident/Graduate Students and Dr. Emmanuel Bujold.
Research Presentations followed by Prese......
Start Date: Apr 4, 2018 08:00End Date: Apr 4, 2018 21:00
1. To familiarize the need to provide patients with actionable information about sexual and reproductive health promotions.
2. To motivate patients to act on what they know.
3. To strengthen patient skills for effectively......
Date: Mar 7, 2018 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
1. To understand the importance of resident wellness in post graduate training
2. To outline strategies for the development of a resident wellness program
Date: Feb 7, 2018 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
1. Understanding principles underlying enhanced recovery after surgery
2. Appreciating the interplay of various components of perioperative care
3. Introducing evidence and guidelines for ERAS in gynecologic surgery...
Date: Jan 10, 2018 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
1. Understanding the concepts behind competency based medical education
2. Becoming familiar with the CBD terminology
3. Introducing the impact on our learning curriculum and assessment strategies within our program
Date: Dec 6, 2017 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
1. Roadmap for reduction of maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity
2. Introduction to the sharpened plan for Reproductive Health, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Adolescent Issues (RMNCAH)
Date: Nov 22, 2017 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
1. Understanding the evidence for antenatal corticosteroids (ANCS)
2. Evaluating the impact of the optimal timing of antenatal corticosteroids
3. Reviewing risks of postnatal steroids
4. Understanding long-term risks of antenatal cor......
Date: Nov 1, 2017 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
Fetal Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto
Date: Oct 4, 2017 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
Kate Gerster -A Qualitative Exploration of Past Family Planning Counselling of Adolescent and Young Mothers
Jayna Amting -St. Joseph's Early Pregnancy Assessment Clinic: A retrospective chart review of clinical outcomes and complications
Date: Sep 6, 2017 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
Topic: “Advances in Diagnostic Tools for Endometriosis”
1. Recognize impact of delayed diagnosis
2. Increase awareness of emerging diagnostic tools
3. Appreciate promises vs. limitations of new clinical markers
Date: May 3, 2017 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
Topic: Exploring Fatigue as a Social Construct: Implications for Work Hour Reform in Postgraduate
1. Discuss key limitations within the resident duty hours literature
2. Reflect on the impact of local culture ......
Date: Apr 5, 2017 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
Wednesday, Feb 1, 2017
8:00am - 9:00am
Regional Grand Rounds, St. Joseph’s Hospital - Campbell Auditorium
"Wake Up and Smell the Change"
1. Understand some elements important in organizational......
Date: Feb 1, 2017 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
Tuesday, January 31, 2017 12:00pm - 1:00pm
"There is no such thing as a Free Lunch"
Start Date: Jan 31, 2017 12:00End Date: Feb 1, 2017 10:00
Where: McMaster – MDCL 2233
Who: Dr. Joan Murphy
Topic: “Cervical Screening in Ontario and Beyond: a New Paradigm”
Date: Jan 11, 2017 Times: 08:00 - 09:00
previous daynext daytoday